Miami hotspots: fashion shopping tips




With cute boutiques spread out all over town, shopping is a great way to discover the city of Miami ;) So I've put together some of the best boutiques I've come across last month. I left out the easier to find and wallet friendlier chains (check out Urban Outfitters, Forever21 and Anthropology) and huge malls like Barneys, Bloomingdale's and Nordstrom. Instead, I focussed on boutiques that stock some of my favorite brands (and therefore possibly yours too). Some house the same designers, and they can get a bit pricey, so you don't need to visit them all (I'd recommend Barney's Co-op, Unika and Atrium since those also have a more affordable segment). It was my first time here and I actually did more than just shopping so I probably missed a bunch of cool, lesser known stores. Feel free to add to this list in the comments! ps. A big food and drinks list is next!

My Miami fashion shopping tips:
★  The Webster - 1220 Collins Avenue 
This high end institute in Miami stocks about every drool worthy brand imaginable (Proenza? Balenciaga? Wang? Chanel? Check!). With an impressive selection of fashion magazines and random gadgets like iPhone cases there (surprisingly!) is something for every budget. One of the salesmen, Julian, and I got to chat about designer bags and he let me try on a few drop dead gorgeous Chanel bags. Great experience! 

★ Unika - 3444 Main highway, Coconut grove
Unika stocks high quality basics, cute summer dresses and a few bold options (my printed wide legged pants are from this boutique). It's fashionable, but not in a loud and screamy way. Plus they have one of the best denim selections I've come across. 


★ Atrium - 1931 Collins Avenue
I loved this shop. Great service, great sunglasses and their buyers stocked a few brands (like A.L.C.) and items (like awesome sequin skinnies that I couldn't squeeze my butt in to) that I hardly saw anywhere else. Atrium has a nice range of mens shoes as well. Fashionista consignment - 3135 Commodore Plaza, Coconut grove 
Right around the corner from Unika, this consignment shop sells high end vintage. I layed eyes on a purple Balenciaga cross body bag and YSL heels (and there were some more outdated styles, as I often find in vintage shops. But it's worth digging through).

★ Barney's Co-op - 832 Collins Avenue
You might know this one; it's one of my all time favorites in the States. I found an amazing Pamela Love ring at the Miami store that I wanted to get but couldn't after I bought my Wang bag (first world problem, I know) and I'm not ashamed to admit I'm obsessed with every brand here.

★ Intermix - 634 Collins Avenue
You might have seen Intermix in other US cities or on their online shop. Some of the styles here are targeted towards a slightly older (and uhh... wealthier - although there was a good sale going on) public, but the clean set up with good basic tops and jeans and nice Rag & Bone and IRO items is appealing nonetheless.


★ Jessie boutique - 1708 Alton Road 
Another fun boutique that seems to cater more to an LA type of style. At Jessie you'll find brands like Alice + Olivia and J. Brand.

★ Oxygene - Bal Harbor mall
Don't be intimidated to enter shops at Bal Harbor mal. I came across the most lovely people at Oxygene (that took the alarm off of my new bag that the people at Nordstrom had left on). Oxygene stocks T by Wang basics and Isabel Marant all the way to Balmain jackets.


Home - About - Order - Testimonial
Copyright © 2010 tentang instagram All Rights Reserved.